• Ensure the safety of products through enforcement of HACCP requirements, Standard Operation Procedures, Sanitation Operating Procedures, and GMP’s.
• Ensure that all company, customer, federal, state, and local policies and procedures are followed.
• Monitors and enforces adherence to GTMP’s and specifications.
• Be a strong proponent of the safety and food safety program by leading by example and holding high expectations.
• Reports to production supervisor all personnel issues, accidents and/or anything pertaining to production that may pose a problem.
• Verifies correct materials such as caps, labels, and code dates are in place prior to start up.
• Responsible for ensuring that the Filler starts up correctly at the beginning of the day and any other time during the day.
• Ensures Torque testing is being conducted at proper time intervals. Check the Torque of the cap every hour to ensure the cap is tight.
• Responsible for inspecting finished product throughout the day to confirm compliance with specifications.
• Responsible for verifying special orders meet customer specification.
• Documents employee count at the beginning of the day.
• Documents personnel attendance, punctuality, or anything else that is noteworthy.
• Ensures product rejects and throwaways are recorded.
• Carries out periodic inspection of packaging process (i.e. Bottles, fillers, caps, cappers, labels, labeler, code date, taper, finished product, orientation of stacked cases on pallet, and level of product in Holding Tank).
• Estimates downtime and implements cross-training.
• Schedules breaks and lunches. Assists with relieving employees for restroom breaks.
• Coordinates the sweeping and changeover of the Capper and carries out end of day sanitation inspections of production floors, carts, and equipment.
• Responsible for recording daily events into Daily Prolog.
• Responsible for reporting all food safety and quality problems to Production Supervisor, QA, and/or Plant Manager.
• Ensures Spec. Sheets are printed with correct date.
• Make sure date coders are correct with right date, MFG, and flavor.
• Fill out Spec. Sheets every hour to make sure case code, lot #, and quality of product is up to standard.
• Ensure areas are stocked with hairnets, bread nets, ear plugs, and hand soap. Ensure that every worker has their personal protective equipment such as hairnets, glasses, or side shields throughout the day.
• When maintenance is working on a machine, be there to inspect machine and to sign form MF-4.01.
• Help in areas where workers are getting behind. Packaging, pushing boxes through taper, ect.
• Check and sign pre-operations sheets.
• Have someone check company voicemail night ring for employees who have called in sick or no shows.
• Fill in for Supervisor when necessary.
• Learn how to operate machines in Production
• Help with CIP at the end of each day.
• Perform other duties assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: This position requires 3 years previous Production/manufacturing leader type experience.
• Excellent Communication, people and interpersonal skills is a must.
• Must possess the ability to inspire team members to perform at their highest potential and lead by example.
• Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• The Production Team Leader reports directly to the Operations Supervisor.
• This position works very closely with all team members.
The working environment is a clean, climate-controlled, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, but may require some outside maintenance as needed. Must be able to pass a drug screen as well as a criminal background check.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and stretch. Must be able to lift 30 pounds. This job requires the employee to be able to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.