• Trains all new maintenance personnel; trains and develops team members on proper PM maintenance methods and procedures.
• Complies with GMP requirements and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Purchases equipment parts and supplies for the facility.
• Perform and/or assist with all aspects of equipment and plant maintenance as required.
• Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes more complicated repairs or adjustments as needed.
• Assist production staff with maintenance of production equipment as required.
• Enforces safety policies.
• Performs all functions necessary as required by management to complete the job.
• Works accurately and diligently to produce the maximum amount of work possible in allotted time.
• Works with engineering on installations and upgrades.
• Must be able to work proactively with all departments in the company.
• Must be able to work and lead internal projects involving Electric, hydraulic, fabrication, pneumatic, plumbing and electromechanics, among other maintenance related activities.
• Knowledge to program, modify and enhance PLC programs and HMI programs preferred.
• Must be able to work with and lead outside contractors.
• Must be able to travel as needed up to 10-15% of the time.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and train a maintenance team and developed team members.
• Prior work history with Maintenance Software programs a must.
• Performs any other duties assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience: This position requires a minimum of 5-7 years previous maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment – food manufacturing preferred. Experience with packaging/high speed production (e.g., bottling, consumer products, etc.) is a must.
Five years’ experience in Supervisory role preferred, must have a minimum of 3 year of Supervisory experience.
Must have proven achievements of improvement in the workplace.
• Must put safety first, be a team player and pay attention to detail.
• Ability to work irregular hours (such as night or weekend hours) as needed.
• Must be comfortable with heights and able to lift 50lbs.
• Must be able to train maintenance personnel and operators.
• Must possess reliable transportation.
• Reports to the VP – Operations
• Works closely with maintenance team and engineer.
The working environment is a clean, climate-controlled, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, but may require some outside maintenance as needed. Must be able to pass a drug screen as well as a criminal background check.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach, stretch, lift, climb, stoop, bend, crouch, squat, kneel, use hands and fingers, and climb stairs.
Employee must be able to lift at least 50 pounds on a regular basis. This job requires the employee to be able to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.